I have been AMAZED recently at what Baby Girl can do (she's almost 18 months). Very regularly I think to myself how we as a society belittles kids by expecting so little of them and not giving them opportunities to grow into. A couple days ago I actually felt like I had a conversation with my child... crazy!
Here are some things I have learned she can do:
1. clean up toys
2. put things "in"- i.e. "Can you help Mama put the wipes in the basket?" They may be a mess, but they are in the basket.
3. cook- she has helped me bake on several occasions and can dump ingredients into the bowl
4. listen to reading without pictures- the Bible and poems for example
5. take things places- i.e. "Can you please go put your coat in your room?"
6. follow directions... this is so amazing to me because it means she actually understands what I am saying, even if she can't verbally respond
Maybe this isn't news to most people but with this being child number one it really is incredible to me.