- My aunt gave me this recipe and it has become a staple in our meal planning. Jon absolutely loves it... and so do I! Most of the ingredients are things you probably already have on hand.
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) chicken flavored stuffing mix
- 2 can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar (I usually cut this back a tad)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 Tbls. sweet relish
- 3/4 cup water
Mix all. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes. Using about 1/3 cup of mixture make into patties. Fry on a skillet over medium heat (spray pan with cooking spray! as they easily stick). Cook about 3 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
A few thoughts:
- You can also use chicken for this recipe (my mom made this and used one chicken breast to make the recipe)
- This mix up great in a stand mixer and that is much less messy. Otherwise it is helpful to mix with your hands.
- Since the mix has to sit in the fridge for at least 10 minutes this means you can easily mix all this up early in the day when it is convenient and let it set in the fridge until time to cook them up at dinner. Very handy.
- All of these ingredients can be found at Aldi (that makes it an A+ recipe in my book!)