1.05.2009

monday menu- the i'm sick and surviving version

I had high hopes... I always have high hopes and last night they came crashing down around me when I finally caught the nasty cold Jon has had for the past several days. So now... just take a gander at 3 slow cooker meals in one week! If that doesn't make it easy on me I don't know what will.

On a totally random aside I was super excited to find this blog- A Year of Crockpotting. I'm not ready to use my slow cooker for 365 days straight, but the recipes look good and are well organized.

Monday- Jon has to work, I'm eating whatever I feel like, probably a smoothie, an egg sandwich and an apple with peanut butter

Tuesday- Egyptian lentils and rice in the slow cooker with cooked carrots and homemade bread (this is a new recipe, I'll post it if it's good)

Wednesday- French toast and bacon

Thursday- Emily's Special Soup (i.e. whatever I throw in the slow cooker that sounds good to me... so far this has worked out well... though I realize one day disaster could strike) and homemade bread.

Friday- Leftovers

Saturday- My family will be in town to celebrate Christmas since we haven't had a chance to get together with them due to our different kind of Christmas. We're going out somewhere!

Sunday- This is a toss up... we might still be eating leftovers, if they're all gone I'll probably try another new recipe- Unfried Chinese Rice in the slow cooker with all sorts of bits of stuff in it.

No comments: