12.11.2008

#2 the goose is getting fat: no Christmas card?!

This post is doing double duty. It is for my current series and for Frugal Fridays over at Biblical Womanhood. To catch up on my past posts for The Goose is Getting Fat series check out the intro and day 1.

I had it all planned out. Baby Girl was going to wear the Christmas dress my mom smocked, red and white gingham with little lambs… adorable. Jon was going to wear his red and white polka dot bow tie… snazzy. And I was going to wear my black wrap dress… slimming. The photo would be taken by the old historic home near where we live. I had browsed several websites looking for the perfect photo card to complement the picture. I was READY.

Then I did the math…

Even with free shipping on Snapfish, even with a few free prints, it was going to cost how much?! And postage… we’re nearing $.50/card y’all for postage alone.

It’s not that I don’t love everyone on my Christmas card list $.50 worth… it’s that all those cents eventually add up to a good many dollars.

So… we’ll still take the picture because I thought way too long and hard about it not to! But there will be no card this year.

Instead we’ll be emailing out our Christmas wishes. Okay I know that’s probably chintzy, but it’s the best we can do this year, and I think most folks these days understand. The good news is that instead of a generic, “Merry Christmas,” or worse, “Happy Holidays,” we’ll be able to say something meaningful… inspiring… joy inducing…

Okay, so I’m not that great of a writer, but we’re going to put some heart into it at least!

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

I agree with you that it adds up! I'm not sending cards this year, either. Most people I would care to contact, I see in person, anyway.
I bet your Christmas picture will be adorable!